Charlotte Workers Compensation Attorneys
When a person is injured while doing their job, the workers’ compensation system is in place to cover some of their financial needs related to the injury and any loss of work. But even under the best of circumstances, navigating this system can be frustrating and confusing without the help of an experienced workers’ compensation attorney.
If you would like help seeking workers’ comp benefits, contact a Charlotte workers’ compensation lawyer today for a free consultation.
Workers’ Compensation Laws and Benefits
In North and South Carolina, employees who are injured as the result of their work are not allowed to sue their employer. And if there is no third party that is responsible for the injury (such as an employee of a separate business, or the manufacturer of an unsafe product) workers’ compensation is the only means of seeking compensation.
Although each state has its own set of workers’ compensation laws and procedures, the list of benefits typically available to injured workers includes:
- Medical expenses (including car mileage and prescription coverage)
- Two-thirds of regular wages (up to certain specified limits)
- Payment for permanent injury
- Vocational rehabilitation (in some cases)
In addition to representing you before the North Carolina Industrial Commission or the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission, the attorneys at The Sasser Law Firm will also help you with the transition from workman’s compensation into receiving Social Security Disability benefits.
Find out more about these related topics:
- Work-related injuries
- Work-related brain injuries
- Work-related spinal cord injuries
- The workers’ compensation claims process
- Construction accidents
- Dangerous industrial equipment/machinery
- Defective equipment (including bulldozers, presses, and other heavy equipment)
Contact a North Carolina, Work Injury Lawyer
For a free consultation, and to learn more about what their firm can do to help you obtain a permanent settlement or temporary disability benefits, call or contact the Sasser Law Firm directly.