Medication/Drug Dispensing Errors
Charlotte, North Carolina Medication Error Lawyers
When used in the appropriate manner, medications save lives, prevent major medical problems and treat many disabling medical conditions. Tragically, when patients are prescribed the wrong medication or the wrong dosage, serious injury, illness and death can occur.
The Sasser Law Firm offers experienced legal help to patients throughout North and South Carolina who have been harmed, or who have lost a family member, because of a medication error.
If you or a loved one has suffered because of a nurse or pharmacist’s negligence or a doctor’s malpractice, call The Sasser Law Firm toll free at 866-770-8681 to arrange a free initial consultation. Or, you can e-mail the firm and someone will be in touch with you promptly.
Negligent Drug Overdose, Drug Dispensing Errors, Drug Interactions
The Sasser Law Firm has significant experience investigating and pursuing a wide variety of medical malpractice claims. Frequently working with medical professionals across many fields of medicine, the attorneys investigate each client’s situation carefully to identify how the medication error occurred and who was responsible.
Factors that contribute to the potential for medication error include certain hospital policies, poor training, inadequate staffing, inadequate record keeping, and other systemic care failures. Examples of common medication errors include:
- Prescribing the wrong dosage for the patient’s physical condition, age or weight
- Prescribing the wrong medication for the condition being treated
- Failing to identify potentially dangerous drug interactions with a patient’s other medications
- Failing to consider or ask about patient’s history of drug allergies
- Transcribing incorrect drug name, often due to poor handwriting
- Misfilled prescriptions
- Incorrect administration of the medication
- Anesthesia errors during surgery
Contacting The Sasser Law Firm
If you have been injured because of a medication error, you have the right to seek compensation for your suffering and financial losses. Contact The Sasser Law Firm to arrange a free initial consultation.